In 2021, TikTok became the most downloaded app with over 650 million new users. Now there are over 2 billion “TikTokers” worldwide, making it the fastest and most effective way to socially market your business. In the past, the app has been curated toward Gen Z, however, that’s shifting. In the last few years, users aged 35-54 have tripled, meaning it connects with audiences of all ages. Here we’ll show why TikTok holds such power for businesses as well as give you the best practices for TikTok SEO in 2022.
The Power of TikTok
The digital marketplace is vital for businesses in 2022, and because users being 2.4x more likely to post about and tag your brand on TikTok than on other social media platforms, it would be ill-advised not to get in on the action. TikTok offers free marketing through digital “word of mouth”. This builds brand awareness and trust among your consumers as users feel that videos authentically connect them to the brand and their products. What’s more, nearly 3/4th of users report buying products from newly discovered brands on the platform. Everything from branches of local government to financial service businesses are thriving on TikTok, and the longer you wait, the more saturated the platform will become.
Optimizing TikTok For Your Business
Creating a fluid cohesive video marketing strategy allows businesses to create content that can be used across multiple social media platforms and marketing tactics. Below are some straightforward tips for optimizing your business’s TikTok today.
- Use Hashtags: Hashtags are what’s going to bring new consumers to your brand. Unlike other social media platforms, TikTok scrollers really do use hashtags to find aligned content.
- Short And Sweet: A video should be 60 seconds or less, and be engaging for viewers. Ask open-ended questions or invite opinions on a subject. The more comments there are, the better your video will do.
- Keywords: As with all SEO, keywords are important. Video titles and descriptions that include long-tailed keywords will optimize your content.
- Your Website Should Be Front And Center: Having a TikTok following won’t lead to an increase in purchases if users can’t find your website. Be sure you have your website linked, (emphasis on linked), in your bio and it should be easy!
- Cross-Promotion: Use whichever platform you have the most followers to gain followers on alternative sites. If Instagram is where your business is doing best, start sending them to TikTok, and vice versa.
- Insight Through Analytics: To optimize your content, you have to know what’s working and for which consumer group. Use the analytics to see what post your audience is connecting with more and then put out more of that!
Everything Worth Doing Takes Time
Optimizing your business TikTok will take time, but due to the popularity of the app and the undeniable fact that it funnels new customers to purchase from companies, it’s worth it.
Some marketing agencies specialize in SEO for TikTok, so don’t hesitate to reach out if you feel the silly TikTok dances lie beyond your scope of knowledge.